The importance of a good LinkedIn profile
Fill's owner, Jonathan Wilks, on why a standout page can be crucial to your career.
- Some of Fill Recruitment’s clients won’t consider a candidate for interview unless they have a LinkedIn profile, particularly if it’s a digital role.
- Employers and recruitment agencies want to see what other people say about candidates, how they are rated and what skills their peers agree they have.
- Recruiters use LinkedIn profiles to gauge how much interest a candidate shows in our industry – looking at groups that they follow and the postings that they have made or liked.
- Additionally active involvement in groups helps you make new primary connections which, in turn, grows your exposure to people who are looking for employees with your skills.
- Profiles with a photo are 11 times more likely to be viewed than those which don’t.
- LinkedIn is a search engine, so your headline will show up frequently in key locations such as search results, connection invitations, employee listings, company pages and messages. Make it professional and memorable to attract attention.
- According to LinkedIn, 100 per cent of the top 50 most engaging status updates in March included either a link, a video or an image.
Posted by Caroline Bailey
Friday 31st March 2017
Be the first to comment on this story!
Thank you for joining the conversation. All comments are moderated before publication, so it might be a few hours before your reply appears here.