Senior Account Manager – Charity Client – Excellent Agency – c£35k+/JW4559
|Job Title / Function:||Senior Account Manager
|Location:||London - Central|
|Salary / Rate:||c£35k+|
Senior Account Manager - Charity Client - Excellent Agency - c£35k+
Leading London agency seeks an experienced Senior Account Manager to work on two much-loved charity client accounts.
As Senior Account Manager, you will join the current team of Account Director, Account Manager and Account Executive and report into the Account Director with an Account Manager reporting directly into you.
You will also take responsibility for helping the Account Manager to develop the Account Executive.
As Senior Account Manager you will be responsible for the day to day projects of the two accounts and will help the Account Director manage the overall client relationship.
The agency is a traditional agency structure with a planning department, creative, digital, production, and of course account management.
The agency have held this account since 2003 and it is fully retained. They work across their warm and cold recruitment programmes. Over the years they have built up a very solid working relationship with the client and have worked with them on some exciting and innovative projects.
Activity is mainly direct mail focused, with an ever increasing amount of online activity and they also work with them on their virtual gift programme.
On the cold side, they do two direct mail appeals a year, four insert campaigns, on-going DRTV and press, and door drops. So, they need a Senior Account Manager with experience of managing campaigns across those channels.
Account 2 - Background
For the other account, the agency work across their warm programme, helping them retain their database of supporters, and increase their value. The work is mainly direct mail focused, but as with the other account, they are doing more and more online activity for them so a Senior Account Manager with a passion for direct communications online and offline is required.
The Senior Account Manager will be expected to manage and oversee the above projects, plus other ad hoc projects that inevitably come into the agency, with help from their team.
The two charity accounts are very different, so the successful Senior Account Manager will need to be a proper ‘people person' who can relate to many different personality types.
They need a Senior Account Manager who is outgoing and confident with a good sense of humour.
- Be the first point of contact for clients, ensuring friendly, personal, highly professional, responsive and efficient service
- Work closely with clients to understand their long-term objectives, and to help them achieve them
- Helping Account Directors and Planners to prepare strategic proposals to up sell work to clients, including presenting
- Interpret and analyse campaign results with Account Directors and Planners to provide insights and recommendations, leading the preparation of producing results review documents for monthly meetings including presenting these in the meeting
- Support Account Directors and Planners in delivering strategic meetings
- Overall responsibility for managing the day-to-day running of the accounts at a Senior Account Manager level
- Experience working in the charity sector (ideally agency side rather than client) would be great but isnt essential. The agency would definitely consider a Senior Account Manager who didn't have charity experience if they had solid agency experience
- Agency client servicing experience working in direct marketing
- Marketing qualifications preferable but not essential, prefer to see relevant work experience
- Direct Mail, Door drop, Press, Inserts and Online experience
- Good CRM experience
- Good communication skills, able to write clear, concise and effective documents/emails
- Ability to work on their own as well as within a team - an independent Senior Account Manager who is able to take the initiative and who would find working alone at times an opportunity
- Keen attention to detail
- Good analytical skills to work on results review presentations and present those presentations to client in meetings
- Outgoing, up for a laugh, light-hearted Senior Account Manager essential!
- Up to £35k
o Company pension scheme with 3% contributions
o 25 days holiday with 1 extra day per full year
o 1 paid day off for your birthday
o Life assurance
Senior Account Managers - this is an excellent role - please send us your CVs!