Here are four simple steps to follow once you have been selected for interview:
- Check the industry press for relevant articles about the agency and take a look at their website using the URL we will provide
- Find out as much as you can about the accounts you will be working on
- Research your role - we will provide details on this and briefs where possible
- Take the time to read through your CV thoroughly to refresh your memory about your skills and relevant experience
- Prepare some thoughtful and intelligent questions about both the agency and the account/role you are being interviewed for
Be on time
- Know the location (we will have provided you with the address and a map - look it up)
- Prepare your route in advance - www.tfl.gov.uk/journeyplanner can help or give us a call
- If you are late, call us and keep your mobile switched on
- By this we mean firm hand shakes, positive answers and big smiles - we know it's difficult but you've made it this far, they really want to see you and this is YOUR time to shine
- Do listen to what they are saying, show interest in the agency and enthuse about the role - make sure that you ask questions when appropriate and do your best to answer what is being asked of you, demonstrating your skills and knowledge when you can
- Last but not least let your personality show through. Remember, you have been selected for your unique qualities and skills - no one wants to employ a robot
- Dress to impress. Not all agencies want you to be suited and booted but as a rule always dress smartly - if in any doubt please call us and we'll do our best to advise you
And don't forget to let us know how it goes.
We will be thinking of you and will give the agency your thoughts at the earliest opportunity.
The sooner we can provide feedback to them, the sooner we'll have feedback for you.